Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Art of Travel



Starring:
Christopher Masterson
Brooke Burns
Johnny Messner

Directed By:
Written By:
I've recently started using the NetFlix Streaming service and it has introduced me to a whole new world of Independent Films. The movie is about a young man named Conner, who after finding out about his fiances infidelity, decides to go solo on his honeymoon.
His journey begins in Nicaragua of all places, because Nicaragua is no where near his original honeymoon destination. Flash forward to a coffee shop in Panama where Conner (Christopher Masterson) runs into Darlene and Johnny (Brooke Burns and Johnny Messner), an adventurous couple who intend on breaking the world record crossing the Darian Gap. He is supposed to return to the states to go to college the day following the meeting, but curiosity gets the best of him and he embarks on what turns out to be the journey of a life time!
I recognized Christopher Masterson immediately as the older brother from Malcom in the Middle and Johnny Masterson I remember most from Tears of the Sun. The whole time I was watching the movie I never really felt like anyone was "acting". The way the characters meshed made it seem as if I was just following along with a group of colleagues on their epic journey. The cinematography was beautiful as they journeyed to all four corners of the earth.
Somehow in the middle of all of this adventure a love story breaks out. A love story filled with adventure.
I would definitely recommend this movie to everyone. It has something for all tastes in movies.
The movie is rated R for nudity and language (nudity is very brief) and the language I really didn't even notice.
Overall I give this movie 8 out of 10.

No comments: