Friday, April 3, 2009

Fast & Furious


Starring:
Vin Diesel
Paul Walker
Jordana Brewster
Michelle Rodriguez

Directed by:
Justin Lin

Written by:
Chris Morgan

I have to start off my review by stating that it may be slightly bias just because I am a huge fan of this series of movies regardless of how good the story is or how good the acting is. I LOVE CARS!

Bringing back the cast members from the original film to me was the best thing that they could have done. Vin Diesel offers up a powerful performance as a man with nothing to lose. Paul Walker and Jordana Brewster still have that awesome on screen chemistry.

The time frame in which this movie takes place is before Tokyo Drift because we see Han Lue assisting Dom with one of his jobs. Due to an event towards the beginning of the movie that was a huge surprise to me I won't go too far into the story so I don't spoil any part of the movie.
Brian O'Conner is now an FBI agent who is on a task force to take down a drug lord who is using street racers to bring drugs across the Mexico border.

Kudos to the writer, definately the best written story of the series. The story really got me into the movie which made the cars a nice added bonus. The race sequences were intense and I really enjoyed how they brought more muscle cars into the picture. It was a nice blend. I really enjoyed the emotion that the movie portrayed, it wasn't just one action sequence after another.

The movie carries a PG-13 rating for drug references, some violent fight scenes, and language.

Again I will mention my bias about this movie as I give is a 8 out of 10 just because it is one of those movies that I could watch over and over and never get sick of it.

No comments: