Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Funnel Cake Sticks

First off, let me say that I am honored to be a guest writer on a blog of this magnitude. Until now I have just been an amateur mom-blogger, bragging about my kids every chance I get. I feel like I have finally made it in the blogging world now that I am associated with the Jones Movie Corner and Restaurant Review. That said, let me begin my first review:

Today, while strolling though the mall with my stir-crazy kindergartner, I remembered that Jones had mentioned the new Funnel Cake Sticks at Hot Dog on a Stick. So this is not a review of a new restaurant, but of a new product at an existing "restaurant", if you can call it that. Now, let me say that while funnel cakes are definitely delicious, the thought crossed my mind that maybe a big part of their appeal comes from the fact that a person is usually at Disneyland or another fun place when they eat them. This would most definitely put funnel cakes to the test, since I was just at the mall.

When I got my order of Funnel Cake Sticks, my first thought was that they were kind of small. There were probably 8 of them in the little tray like their hot dogs come in. They were golden brown and covered in powdered sugar. I shared an order with my mother-in-law, but I definitely could have eaten every last one of those little morsels. They were delicious - and there wasn't even a hint of hot dog flavor to them like I was expecting :)

I can't remember the exact price but I think they were between $2 and $3. A great little snack! If you close your eyes while you eat them you can pretend you are at Disneyland, so in reality you will be saving yourself $1,500 to $2,000 by purchasing Funnel Cake Sticks from Hot Dog on a Stick.

No comments: