Sunday, September 14, 2008

Traitor


Starring:
Don Cheadle
Guy Pearce
Jeff Daniels

Directed by:
Jeffrey Nachmanoff

Written by:
Jeffrey Nachmanoff
Steve Martin

Before I saw this movie, I really didn't know what it was about. All that the trailers told me is that the FBI was hunting down someone. But it was shown to me in a way that made me interested in it. I can see why the trailers didn't reveal much as this is a story where you need only be revealed elements of the plot as the story moves forward.

Also, I find that this movie will be difficult to review without revealing too much of. But I will stay away from spoiling anything and give a quick review. Guy Pearce is an FBI agent investigating terrorist activities and Don Cheadle is a Sudan born individual that served in the US military that is now involved in the terrorist activities that the FBI is investigating.

This is a movie that left me on the edge of my seat. I couldn't help wonder what the next move was going to be from each group that was involved. There definitely were some upcoming moments that were predictable, but I feel that it also had an equal amount of moments that kept you wondering what would happen next.

I also feel a little surprised that this wasn't a controversial movie, or at least not one that I heard was controversial. There are parts of this movie that show how a terrorist group plans and carries out massive scale attacks against various countries. These attacks are also chillingly similiar to ones we have seen before. There were parts of this movie that I found myself cringing at some of the things these people did.

Everyone did an excellent job in their roles, althought I can't say that anyone was really outstanding. It was good to see Guy Pearce again as he seems to have been missing for a while, and I really like him. This movie also seems to have elements of other similar international, espionage type movies, so many people may not find anything too unique about this picture.

I am however, glad to have seen it, as this seemed to be a rather quiet opening.

I would give this a 7 out of 10.

No comments: